Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Oy!!

Almost a month has gone by since my last entry.

I have been so busy playing with my grandchildren, and working as a temp while trying to find a permanent job. I've been fortunate to have worked in a few of the nicest places in Erie, and that has been a boost for me professionally as well as personally.

How lucky can one gal be to find herself in not one, but several work situations in a row where EVERYONE there is really terrific to be around? Very. And believe me, I am sending up a prayer of thanks for that. Its a great way to get back into the Erie scene.

Having good, positive, progressive people to work with is almost just as important as the work you do, isn't it? Face it, one spends more of his waking hours in the workplace than anywhere else, and when the atmosphere is negative, its a draining, thankless experience. And it can only take One Person....

I have loved meeting the people I have met, and its helped me to make the transition from West Coast to East so much nicer. I'm still looking for a permanent position I hope, but in the meantime this is great.

I'm also enjoying the fall weather and the leaves. I really missed the seasons while I was in San Diego, and love the crisp, fall air. To me it "smells" like fall. I can't explain it, but it does. I have even expressed the sentiment that I missed the snow.

Remind me that I said this when its February and my fingernails are blue.

Which reminds me....

I don't have a winter coat.
I don't have any boots.
....gloves, or hats.

Oy.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Wendy, where have you gone? I'm vicariously enjoying my beloved Erie through you!

--Wendy (stuck in NC)